Monday, September 28, 2020

Interview Rose St. Germaine

WE SPOKE WITH ROSE ST. GERMAINE FRONTWOMAN EMILY. OK HERE IT IS


https://www.facebook.com/eventhebestrose/

https://www.instagram.com/rosestgermaine/

https://rosestgermaine.bandcamp.com


REMOVE RECORDS: Your background in music is very interesting– Is it true that you grew up playing the organ?

RSG: It’s true.

What makes rock n roll appealing to you?

Drums.


What's your favorite bar in Ferndale?

Tony’s.


Can you tell us about Dummy Sound Studios?

Good people. Good andouille. I only put my songs in the hands of mad men. 


You have some incredibly poetic and descriptive lyrics. Do you have a certain message or theme you want to convey through your music?

My first album, Visions, helped me process some bad experiences that I’ve had in and out of humanity. Gunslinger will be the true fragmented Lazarus of the allegorical phoenix. 


Can you tell us about the album artwork for "Visions"? (I forgot the name of the patterned artwork)

I’ve always loved the quirky patterns you find on Pyrex, so I knew I wanted to incorporate that somehow. In talks with my graphic design guru, Chandler (@chanchandlerdler on insta), we decided to mess with one of the patterns a bit. One of the original drafts had the two farmers fucking. I loved that one. But we’re a family band. Thematically, much of Visions seems to reflect how twisted real humans can be if you examine them closely. I think the twisted Pyrex reflects that on a metaphorical level.


I've been fascinated with music videos recently. Do you ever plan on making a music video for a Rose St. Germaine song?

Looking to buy up pre-1980 metal colanders for our robot costumes. 


Are you reading any good books currently?

No.


What is something people would be surprised to know about you?

Depends on who you ask. My colleagues would be surprised to know that I’m in a band. My band would be surprised to know that I have colleagues. 


What are you working on next?

Currently riding the garage sale circuit. Playing slower. VVIISSIIOONNSS. Piano day is coming up.